MSP transitions from break-fix model to managed security services with Barracuda RMM
About SofTec Solutions
SofTec Solutions provides managed IT and security services to the business community of southeastern New Brunswick. The company serves a range of businesses within a 100-kilometer radius that includes automotive, accounting, trucking, retail corner stores, and senior care facilities. President Dave McPherson purchased the company in 1992 and says, “We’ve been able to develop expertise in different vertical markets. For example, we have a solid reputation with the local Toyota, Volkswagen, and Audi dealerships for providing wireless connectivity for customer waiting rooms, software integration for car programming devices, and securing company networks. All of our customers, no matter the type of business, expect strong security protection to avoid downtime – if a breach happens, they would be unable to run their businesses.”
- SofTec Solutions needed technology and tools that could help their small team be more proactive and efficient in resolving issues for customers as the MSP introduced its managed security services offering.
- CloudCare’s built-in premium remote control, to manage more clients proactively and efficiently
- CloudCare’s content filtering, which prevents threats from infiltrating customers’ networks
- Barracuda RMM’s endpoint & network management, automated patching, and monitoring abilities, offering a comprehensive security program
SofTec utilized several features from both Barracuda RMM and Avast CloudCare, including:
- Use automated scripts to efficiently manage more clients, so the MSP required fewer on-site visits to customers
- Reduce 90 percent of viruses with CloudCare’s content filtering, which in turn reduced the MSP’s workload by lowering support tickets and customer calls
After implementing both solutions, SofTec was able to:
CloudCare and Barracuda RMM bundle strengthen MSP's managed security service offerings
CloudCare and Barracuda RMM provide the right tools to deliver managed security services. I can help my clients be proactive about their security and offer better pricing because of cost efficiencies provided by these two solutions. At the same time, I’m able to add new services and this drives more revenue and value for my business."
Dave McPherson, President, SofTec Solutions