The Surefire Way to Overcome an SMB’s Break-Fix Mindset
Belgium-based Brick9 specializes in IT and security services for small and medium businesses across Europe.
- Many small business owners perceive that paying for a managed services program will cost them more money than a break-fix plan.
By using the Barracuda MSP portfolio, Brick9 was able to:
- Help prospects identify areas where they’re spending money on IT that they normally don’t think about such as data center hosting costs andelectric usage, annual license renewal fees, maintenance contracts and downtime.
- Position themselves as a trusted advisor that builds long-term relationships with its customers and adds post-sale support and services to each solution offering.
- Build trust with clients is by allowing them to try managed services solutions (e.g., Barracuda Essentials, Barracuda CloudGen Firewall, Barracuda Backup) before buying.
- Demonstrate the value of the solutions at end of 30 day trial by sharing a report that shows all the viruses and spam filters that were blockedand other key performance indicators along with a predictable monthly price to continue the services.
- Once Brick9 gets its foot in the door with Barracuda Essentials, it is able to layer on additional IT infrastructure and security services such as Barracuda CloudGen Firewall, Barracuda Backup, and End User Security Training.
Free trial allows SMBs to see value of managed services
“Allowing prospects to try Barracuda Essentials for Email Security and the Barracuda CloudGen Firewall for 30 days has been highly successful in helping us win new managed services business. At the end of the trial, we run a report, which allows the client to see thousands of spam emails and viruses blocked by the software before it reached users’ inboxes. The results of the solution combined with its affordability make it an easy sale and a good starting point from which we can add additional services over time.” - Jourik Sierjacobs, co-founder, Brick9